Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Where to find documentation for Tracer Filter usage?

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:26:29 +0000
-dp- wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to set a breakpoint using TkEclipse. It seems that the
> Tracer Filter dialog is the intended way to do that, but the only
> documentation I've been able to find for the Tracer Filter is this annotated
> screencap:
>
> http://87.230.22.228/doc/tutorial/tutorial041.html#toc46

This appears in the summary of the debugger tutorial chapter. The
chapter itself is a guided tutorial on using the debugger on a sample
program, and includes using the Filt

> It's not enough to tell me how to define a spec that will cause execution to
> pause whenever the Goal Template is matched (I don't need an additional
> Condition). No matter what I try in the Condition box, the Go button remains
> disabled (see attached screencap).
>
> David

The debugging chapter in the tutorial (which shows the screencap you are
pointing to) has an example of using the filter with a Goal Template and
condition, along with using spy-points. It is intended for people who
are unfamiliar with debugging in Prolog, and also introduces some of the
more advanced features such as the Filter, and we would welcome any
feedback to improve the chapter.

The chapter was written some years ago before we added break-points to
ECLiPSe, and has not been updated for break-points, partly because I did
not see a quick way of introducing it with the simple example used.
Looking at it now, there also seem to be a typo in the example Filter
condition (figure 5.4): the condition should be (X == 4 ; Y == 4).

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.