Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Where to find documentation for Tracer Filter usage?

From: -dp- <david_at_...151...>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:00:41 +0800
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...> wrote:

> The debugging chapter in the tutorial (which shows the screencap you are
> pointing to) has an example of using the filter with a Goal Template and
> condition, along with using spy-points. It is intended for people who are
> unfamiliar with debugging in Prolog, and also introduces some of the more
> advanced features such as the Filter, and we would welcome any feedback to
> improve the chapter.

Where is the best place to learn about this breakpointing feature? (As I
mentioned before, after digging through the docs, the best match I could
find was the Tracer Filter.)

If "spy-points" are the implementation of breakpointing, I have already
tried to set a spy-point using the Predicate Browser, but TkEclipse never
paused on that predicate even though I can tell from the output that the
predicate was called. (I didn't have the Tracer open because I thought that
would require me to creep, but maybe the Tracer needs to be open and
advanced somehow?)

David