Re: [eclipse-users] Debugging constraints

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:55:13 +0100
Hi Malcolm,

I don't think there is any easy way to debug constraints. The delayed
goals that implements the propagation of the constraints do not
necessarily map easily to the constraints. You can trace the execution
of these delayed goals using the tracer, and sometimes you may be able
to tell what the `source' constraint for it was.
In TkECLiPSe, you can also see in the delayed goals tool which delayed
goals have been woken, and are awaiting execution (they are shown in
green). [you may need to load the .ecl source files rather than the
compiled .eco files to do this tracing  if you need to trace the library
constraints]

However, this whole process is rather complex, and tracing it at the
level of which goal is executing is probably too fine grained in many case.