Re: [eclipse-users] visualisation code

From: Joachim Schimpf (Independent Contractor) <"Joachim>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:20:47 -0400
Malcolm Ryan wrote:

> Hm, I've encountered a bit of a problem. I want to represent a bunch
> of tables in the following way:
>
> +---+---+
> |   | T |
> | T | 1 |
> | 0 +---+
> |   | T |
> |   | 2 |
> |   +---+
> |   |
> +---+
>
> T0 is a plan and T1 ... Tn are subplans whose lengths sum to no more
> than the length of T0. All tables can grow in the vertical dimension
> (so when T1 grows, T2 needs to shift downwards).
>
> I've written a viewer which will display this provided a set of
> TableModels, but the existing code isn't designed to have multiple
> Viewables in a single viewer. Can anyone think of an easy way of
> solving this?

My understanding is that a viewable is the Eclipse-side abstraction
of what goes in a viewer on the Visualisation client's side.  This is
by design a one to one mapping.  According to this, can you not
simply group all the plan data that you want to go into one viewer
into one viewable?  That is the only purpose of a viewable: to group
together the things that go into one viewer.

-- Joachim