[Andrew John Sadler] Re: OutOfProcessEclipse still in the memory

From: Andrew John Sadler <ajs2_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Tue 03 May 2005 01:58:46 PM GMT

attached mail follows:

Hi Vivek,

Could you send us a small example of your Java and ECLiPSe code that
exhibits this problem.  Also could you tell us which version of Java
you are using (e.g. Sun's JDK 1.4.1, or IBM's 1.3 etc...)

Since you have called the "destroy()" method on your
OutOfProcessEclipse objects, the ECLiPSe process should have
terminated and it should not have anything to do with garbage
collection.

If you could help by providing small examples I will investigate the
problem here.

Andrew Sadler

PS. Do these "mysterious" processes consume any CPU, or is it only memory?