Domain splitting within search/6

From: BRAND Sebastian <brand_at_comp.nus.edu.sg>
Date: Fri 06 May 2005 08:49:52 AM GMT
Hi,

I'd like to use the search/6 functionality with my own
heuristics.  The difficulty is that the user-supplied
my_choice/1 is apparently expected to instantiate the
variable, while I'd like to do domain splitting.  A simple
example would be

my_choice(X) :-
	dom(X, Dom),
	lists:halve(Dom, Dom1, Dom2),
	(
		X :: Dom1
	;
		X :: Dom2
	).

I might want to branch like this on X and select *another*
variable to branch on thereafter.

It seems that the built-in "indomain_interval" method does
do domain splitting ("..branch on the choice of the interval..").

Can I do domain splitting but still use the advanced search
facilities of search/6 like bbs, lds, etc.?

Cheers,
Sebastian