OutOfProcessEclipse still in the memory

From: Vivek Nigam <vivek.nigam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun 01 May 2005 07:00:35 AM GMT
Hello,

              I am using the OutOfProcessEclipse, to run a prolog
program through a JAVA interface.

             There is a java server running continuosly and several
clients can invoke a new OutOfProcessEclipse to run a query. At the
end of the query I invoke the destroy method of OutOfProcessEclipse
and it seems to work perferctly, because when I try to use the same
engine again it returns the expected Exception :
EclipseTerminatedException.

             However, when I look at the processes that are running in
my computer (btw I am using WinXP and Eclipse 5.8), the process is
still there in the memory, so one client can generate several eclipse
processes, and all of them stay in the memory until I shut the server
down...

              I was wondering if someone could help to figure out what
is happening... or how can I kill the process from the memory, I
suspect that this is a garbage collection problem... I am not sure...

Many Thanks,

Vivek Nigam