Re: [eclipse-clp-users] How to compile eclipse under Debian:bullseye with Coin-OR

From: Kish Shen <kish.shen_at_...6...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 15:03:08 +0100
Hi Vasily,

I don't know about Debian Dockerfile, so I don''t know if it requires
anythingextra.

When configure is run, it will look for COIN-OR related files in the
third part directory set ECLIPSETHIRDPARTY environment variable.

You probably don't have COIN-OR installed there, but after running
configure, you can build and install COIN-OR solvers from the Eplex
directory. Go into the Eplex directory, and run this

make -f Makefile.<platform> install_cbc
(<platform> is your platform, e.g. x86_64_linux)

and this should download, build, and install CBC/CLP into the third
party directory.

You can now run configure again, and it should find CBC/CLP.

 CBC/CLP is far the best supported COIN-OR solver in eplex, but eplex
also support other solvers via the generic OSI interface, and there
are Makefile rules to build SYMPHONY as well. Look at the Makefile if
you are interested.