Re: [eclipse-clp-users] How to compile using c interface in eclipse

From: Kish Shen <kish.shen_at_...6...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 21:22:50 +0100
Hi Manu,

>Embedding and interfacing manual example not compiling in codeblocks Cygwin and throws multiple errors during build process.

It would be helpful if you included some details about your problem:
which exact program(s) you tried to compile, how you invoked gcc. amd
at least some of the errors you are getting.

However, I would guess your problem is likely related to changes in
the ECLiPSe C interface in version 7, which was outlined in the
'foreign language interfaces' section of the 7.9  release notes:

http://eclipseclp.org/relnotes/index.html

>In the C interface, many of the original ec_xxx(...) functions have been replaced by ecl_xxx(ec_eng_t*, ...) functions that take an additional argument which specifies the engine to which the operation applies. Old (engine-unaware) C code can be compiled by defining the macro >USES_NO_ENGINE_HANDLE before the corresponding include file, i.e.

>    #define USES_NO_ENGINE_HANDLE
>    #include "eclipse.h"

The embedding and interface manual has not been updated to describing
the new interface, and some, but not all, programs have the #define
line added.
If you were trying to compile one of the program without the added
#define, you will get errors - if this is your problem, then add the
line and recompile.
If this is not your problem, then give more details about your problem.

>Also unable to work with lib file

You need to give more details about what you are trying to do. Fpr
cp,[o;omg using the C interface on WIndows, you should only need the
eclipse.dll file.

One last point: your posting included what seems to be an unrelated
posting from Taku Koyahata. Did you have any rwason to include his
post?