Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Fwd: How to build tkexdr.so and tkeclipse.so

From: Kish Shen <kish.shen_at_...6...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 20:21:32 +0100
>Tcl8.6 is already in my machine but ./configure need 8.3 ,8.4,or 8.5.

I suspect that 8.6 will probably work with ECLiPSe. The reason it is
not in the configure is because we developed the Tcl/Tk interface a
long time ago, and have not tested it with 8.6, However, unless 8.6
made some drastic and incompatible changes from previous versions, it
should work.

So I suggest that instead of putting 8.5 into ECLiPSETHIRDPARTY, you
could just modify configure to include 8.6:

Change this line in configure:

    TCL_REQUIRED="8.5 8.4 8.3"

    TCL_REQUIRED="8.6 8.5 8.4 8.3"

and run configure and install ECLiPSe again. ILet us know if this
works, and we can either add 8.6 to  configure, pr if you do run into
problems, we can try to fix them so that ECLiPSe will work with 8.6.