Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Help on library(graphviz)

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:09:33 +0100
Hi Afonso,

 > Maybe there's no link between these problems, but the goal
 > ensure_loaded(library(java_vc)) always gets aborted and Eclipse
 > displays the
 > message error: "library not found in use_module(library(listut))

This is a problem with the way we produce our tarballs (.tgz packages).
I assume you downloaded the tarballs for your platform.
Unfortunately, the missing listut file is in the eclipse_misc tarball,
and is not in the eclipse_basic tarball. So you need to download the
eclipse_misc tarball (if you are downloading from Sourceforge, you need
to go to the "Common Files" packages, and find the "doc_contrib sources"
for the ECLiPSe version you are using). Sorry about this mistake, we
will correct it.

 > I`ve been trying to use library(graphviz) to visualize a graph generated
 > within my model. I have Graphiviz programs properly installed, but when I
 > query Eclipse the following error message arises: "output error:
Broken pipe
 > in close(##)" ## is a number.

Your problem may indeed be connected to the problem with java_vc, but
another issue may be the graphviz you are using: the visualisation code
was developed sometime ago, and the graphviz used is now quite old. I
don't know if the code will work with newer versions of graphviz -- when
you say graphviz is properly installed, is this the version distributed
with ECLiPSe?  If not, that might be an additional issue.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.