Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Embed ECLiPSe in Eclipse Plugin

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:35:22 +0100
Oliver Scheickl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to embed ECLiPSe in Java. I read the introduction, manual, JavaDocs
> etc.
> If i execute a pure simple Java program that starts instantiates an
> EmbeddedEclipse object everything is fine. However, when I execute the same
> code from within an Eclipse plug-in's pop-up action I get the following
> error:
> "Cannot reserve stack space in alloc_stack_pairs()"
>
> This looks like it came from ECLiPSe, not from Eclipse. I also tried to put
> the code in an own thread, same issue.
>
> Do you have any ideas how I can avoid this error and start ECLiPSe from
> within an Eclipse plug-in?

Hi Oliver,

The error means that ECLiPSe was not able to obtain the memory it asks
for. I assume this is because Eclipse reserves/uses a lot of memory for
itself. You can reduce the amount of memory ECLiPSe reserves when you
configure the engine with EclipseEngineOptions, see

http://www.eclipse-clp.org/doc/embedding/embroot048.html#toc55

The default reservation for the global/trail stacks is quite large, and
it is likely that this is causing the problem, so you should probably
change the default setting for this. I am not absolutely certain, but I
think the default is about 800M, so try something smaller than this.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.