[eclipse-users] tkeclipse doesn't run

From: <112358_at_...52...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:49:37 +0200
Hello, i swear i looked for an answer to my problem everywhere, but in
vain. I installed ECLiPSe 5.10_53 from the autoinstaller on windows 2000
sp 4, choosing the full installation (so that installed also tcl/tk
etc). Doseclipse works, while when i try to start tkeclipse, i receive
the following error in a window titled "error in startup script":
http://avanguardie.netsons.org/tke.jpg .
I obviously tried to uninstall and reinstall several times (3 or 4), and
even tried 5.10_63; always same problem.
I can only guess it is a path problem, even if my path variable contains
the eclipse\lib_tcl, eclipse\ and tcl\bin directories and i can't
imagine what else could be necessary.
The only thing i noticed is that while when i installed succesfuly
eclipse on another computer, the tcl/tk installer asked me to reboot,
this never happened when i performed (the 3-4 times) the installation on
mine, so i am tempted to think that in my case the tcl/tk installer
"forgot" or failed to set an appropriate variable or windows registry key.

Thank you a lot.
M.C.