Re: [eclipse-users] Reloading a file with dynamic predicates

From: Paulo Moura <pmoura_at_...16...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:42:00 +0100
Hi Kish!

> For dynamic predicates, you can retract them before adding new
> ones. If you use retract_all/1,
> you can remove all the definitions of the predicate:

That's not really a feasible solution. It would imply finding which
dynamic predicates are declared and which dynamic predicates are
defined in a file (before reloading it) in order to use, as you
suggest, retract_all/1 or abolish/1. It would be possible/easy to
modify the behavior of compile/1 to match the behavior of most Prolog
compilers when reloading a file? I.e. to "reset" the dynamic
predicates with the original file definitions, as already done for
static predicates?

All the best,

Paulo

P.S. Regarding the recent discussions on compling ECLiPSe on MacOS X
Intel: I can get you an account on a MacPro for you to ssh and do/
check the porting work.

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 4.3  Ext. 3257
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura_at_...16...>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research: <http://logtalk.org/>