Re: [eclipse-users] NEWBIE: Eplex installation question

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:23:12 +0000
Hi,

brammert wrote:
> I just installed a COIN solver to be used with the EPLEX libraries. But
> how can I check if it actually works. Whether Coin is in stalled or not,
> running any example from the tutorial gives the same answer.
>
> Should I tell EPLEX where to actually find the solver (and if yes how
> should I tell it), or should it find the solver itself?

You don't need to install any COIN solvers to use the eplex interface,
as they are included in the eplex package for the COIN/OSI that you
should have downloaded (and if you are using Windows, this should be
included in the installer that you run)

If you have only download the eplex solver using COIN, you should not
need to do anything else to use it. What messages do you get when you
load eplex with the query lib(eplex)?

Can you explain what is this `same answer' you get when you try the
examples? If the solver is not correctly loaded, you should not get any
answers at all.

Cheers,

Kish Shen