Re: Interraction between main programs and events

From: ludovic picouays <ludovic.picouays_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue 26 Jul 2005 02:06:52 PM GMT
After some tests and verifications about the failure of a predicate
which is wake up by an event (demon/1 and suspend/1) the failure of
this predicate doesn't return a fail to the main program.

When the domain of a variable is modified  by indomain, the associated
event is awakened (I've looked with the tracer what was happening). In
order to say if the modification is valid or not, there are some
verifications. If modifications are not valid, the predicate fails,
and the failure goes back to the wake and not to the indomain. I think
the wake creates another tree where it is the root of another tree. So
when it fail, the main programm doesn't fail and continues to run.

I want a solution to the interactions between the wake and the main
programm. When the predicate wakes  due to the event fail, I want to
cut the current branche in the search tree.

Could you give me a solution that allows this ?

Best Regards
Ludovic Picouays