Re: Do Eclipse work's with glibc2.3?

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Mon 21 Jun 2004 11:17:34 AM GMT
Christian Cleber Masdeval Braz - DATAPREVMS wrote:

> I'm trying to link to the eclipse libraries on a I386/Linux system. It
> uses glibc-2.3.2, and I get these undefined symbols at link time:
>
> .../eclipse/lib/i386_linux/libeclipse.so: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
> .../eclipse/lib/i386_linux/libeclipse.so: undefined reference to
> `__ctype_toupper'
>
> Looking around the web, it appears that these symbols have been removed
> in libc-2.3.2.
>
> Do ECLiPSe really don't work with this lib?

The latest ECLiPSe build, 5.7#51, fixes this problem
and is now available for download from our web site.

For those who use a very old Linux, please note that this
version requires you to have at least glibc 2.1 (you can call
rpm -q glibc to find out which version you have)

--
  Joachim Schimpf              /             phone: +44 20 7594 8187
  IC-Parc                     /      mailto:J.Schimpf@imperial.ac.uk