utf8 from java to eclipse and back?

From: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen_at_cwi.nl>
Date: Sun 15 Feb 2004 08:29:50 AM GMT
I sent this mail out twice, but I don't think it ever made it to
the list.  So let's try again, this time I replaced the problem
character by an X..:
--

I've problems writing utf8 data to eclipse and getting it back:

eclipse.rpc("write(output,'café bla bla'),nl(output),flush(output).");

When I now read the corresponding stream back into java, I get the
string "cafX bla bla"  (the é has turned into \357\277\275).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?  When I stick to ascii it all works
fine.

Help would be highly appreciated,

Jacco