Using handles with C++

From: Christian Fritz <Christian.Fritz_at_post.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Wed 26 Feb 2003 07:46:52 PM GMT
Hello!

As described in the embedding manual we are trying to pass generic C++
data to ECLiPSe. We are facing two problems:

1. The struct type (t_ext_type) for setting up a proper method table is
differently defined (in types.h and eclipse_cc.h) from what is said in
the manual. As far as we can see, it is for pure C programming (using
pword instead of EC_word..).

2. After getting a handle we'd like to store it somewhere in eclipse for
further accessing the data. We are able to obtain a handle and xget some
data. But when trying to save this handle (e.g. assert(
myHandle(Hbound)) ) and recalling it (myHandle(Hyet_unbound)), we
immediately receive a segmentation violation.

Can anybody help us with these issues? We'd be very happy.
Thanks in advance
Christian Fritz

ps: we are using Eclipse 5.5 on Linux (RedHat 8)