Re: WG: Problem with repeatedly compiling files with partly the same content and EmbeddedEclipse

From: Warwick Harvey <wh_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Thu 30 Jan 2003 09:54:29 AM GMT
Hi Cornelius,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:31:36AM +0100, Cornelius Hagen wrote:
> Sorry, the exception was due to another problem (from name for queue).
> But I am still interested in resetting the EmbeddedEclipse-object.

I can't speak for the EmbeddedEclipse object, since I have no experience
with that, but I may be able to suggest something else that will let you do
what you want, using erase_module/1.

If your ECLiPSe code is already in a module, you can just erase that module
and compile the new code (which should recreate the module).

If your ECLiPSe code is not (explicitly) in a module, it will by default be
in the "eclipse" module; you can erase this module and then re-create it
with create_module/1.

Some caveats:

- You can't erase a module from code compiled in that module.

- It does not reset the state.  E.g. other modules which have already been
loaded will remain loaded (though not imported into the erased module unless
re-imported).  This has implications for the eplex family of libraries, only
one of which can be loaded in a session.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Warwick