Re: eclipse 5.5 gives error sometimes?

From: Sebastian Sardina <ssardina_at_cs.toronto.edu>
Date: Wed 27 Nov 2002 06:37:32 PM GMT
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 12:40, Karen E Petrie wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
> Just to let you know, I have Red Hat 8 running on my laptop with 128MB of
> Ram and 256MB of Swap Space, andI have had no problems installing or
> running ECLiPSe 5.5#46.

yes I run that ECLIPSE perfectly in another red hat 8 machine but with
256Mb of RAM and 400 of Swap

> I have a suggestion to what the problem could be though. When you
> installed Red Hat 8 on your two machines, did you install them in the same
> way? I noticed that when I was installing Red Hat 8 it let me either have
> the swap partition in a separate partion on my Hard Disk, or to let me
> intergrate the linux partition with the swap space. I chose the first
> option as I had previously partioned the Hard disk and this is the way I
> am use to doing it. But if you chose the second option in one of your
> systems, than perhaps it is not treating the swap space in quite the way
> ECLiPSe expects?

well, they are not exact installations of red hat (the problematic one
is a fresh installation, whereas the other is an upgrade of 7.3). In any
case, both installation use a separate partition for swap. I didn't even
know you can put the swap together with the linux file system (that
sounds weird)

> This is just a rough guess, but it might be worth exploring.

thanks, I will come back on this issue so we can find out where is the
problem. Maybe there is a problem with Red Hat itself.