Re: eclipse 5.5 gives error sometimes?

From: Karen E Petrie <scomkep_at_zeus.hud.ac.uk>
Date: Wed 27 Nov 2002 05:40:15 PM GMT
Sebastian,

Just to let you know, I have Red Hat 8 running on my laptop with 128MB of
Ram and 256MB of Swap Space, andI have had no problems installing or
running ECLiPSe 5.5#46.

I have a suggestion to what the problem could be though. When you
installed Red Hat 8 on your two machines, did you install them in the same
way? I noticed that when I was installing Red Hat 8 it let me either have
the swap partition in a separate partion on my Hard Disk, or to let me
intergrate the linux partition with the swap space. I chose the first
option as I had previously partioned the Hard disk and this is the way I
am use to doing it. But if you chose the second option in one of your
systems, than perhaps it is not treating the swap space in quite the way
ECLiPSe expects?

This is just a rough guess, but it might be worth exploring.

Karen

>Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:04:55 +0000
>From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf@icparc.ic.ac.uk>
>To: Eclipse Users List <eclipse-users@icparc.ic.ac.uk>
>CC: Sebastian Sardina <ssardina@cs.toronto.edu>
>Subject: Re: [eclipse-users] eclipse 5.5 gives error sometimes?
>
>Sebastian Sardina wrote:
>>
>> I installed eclipse 5.5 in two red hat 8 machines. in one, everything
>> works fine. in the other one I get:
>>
>> [ssardina@cogrobo ssardina]$ eclipse
>>
>> *** ECLiPSe fatal error: Cannot reserve stack space in
alloc_stack_pairs()