OutOfProcessEclipse Problems

From: Aykut Firat <aykut_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed 02 Oct 2002 04:41:07 AM GMT
Hi everybody,

I wonder if I found a bug in OutOfProcessEclipse implementation, or made a
mistake. The simple example files work fine. But *eclipse files* that
successfully load using Embedded Eclipse fails with OutOfProcess. As an
example, see below. The first fragment of the code fails but the second
fragment, which is identical ,except the replacement of OutOfProcessEclipse
with EmbeddedEclipse, runs. In addition, when the indicated line that
causes hanging in OutOfProcessEclipse is removed, it also works fine. I am
confused why the same file would be loaded in EmbeddedEclipse but not in
OutOfProcess. Any ideas?

OutOfProcessEclipse code
     //code skipped
     EclipseEngineOptions eclipseEngineOptions = new EclipseEngineOptions();
     eclipseEngineOptions.setUseQueues(false);
     EclipseEngine eclipse = new OutOfProcessEclipse(eclipseEngineOptions);

     //code skipped
       eclipse.compile(new File(gcmsPath+sep+"abduction"+sep+"abduct.pl"));
//successful compilation
       eclipse.compile(new
File(applicationPath+sep+"application2.pl"));  //Hangs here; if this line
is commented out it works
     //code skipped
        eclipse.rpc("hello");
      ((OutOfProcessEclipse) eclipse).destroy();

EmbeddedEclipse code

     //code skipped
     EclipseEngineOptions eclipseEngineOptions = new EclipseEngineOptions();
     eclipseEngineOptions.setUseQueues(false);
     EclipseEngine eclipse = EmbeddedEclipse.getInstance(eclipseEngineOptions);

     //code skipped
       eclipse.compile(new File(gcmsPath+sep+"abduction"+sep+"abduct.pl"));
//successful compilation
       eclipse.compile(new
File(applicationPath+sep+"application2.pl"));  //successful compilation
     //code skipped
        eclipse.rpc("hello"); //prints hello world
      ((EmbeddedEclipse) eclipse).destroy();  /exits