minimize

From: Marc van Dongen <dongen_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri 02 Aug 2002 12:52:37 PM GMT
Hi there,

Currently, I am working on an optimisation problem
which can be expressed as follows:

  minimize( labeling( LIST ), EXPR ).

However, the problem that I am solving has the
nice property that if a solution has been found for
cost = COST, and if no solutions exist (for fixed N)
for cost in { COST - 1, COST - 2, ..., COST - N }
then the solution for cost = COST is optimal.

Needless to say that I would like to make use of
this property. Can this be done with an existing
predicate or do I have to build such predicate
my self?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen
--
M.R.C. van Dongen | CS Dept University College Cork    |        ()
 dongen@cs.ucc.ie | Cork Constraint Computation Centre |        /\