Re: Failing on event occurence

From: Loizos Michael <gemichael_at_cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sat 03 Nov 2001 12:46:02 PM GMT
Thanks Kish,

that will do fine. Here is the way to do it in order to have different
behaviors according to whether the Goal succeeded, failed or was interrupted:

start:-
 block(run_goal(Goal), too_long, goal_stopped),
 continue, ...

run_goal(Goal):-
 event_after(too_long, 100),
 once(((Goal, goal_succeeded) ; goal_failed)),
 cancel_after_event(too_long).

and define the predicates goal_stopped, goal_succeeded and goal_failed
accordingly. In any case the execution will continue normally after the block
command (except in the case goal_stopped fails.

Loizos

Loizos Michael (gemichael@cytanet.com.cy)