Re: TCL problems

From: Warwick Harvey <wh_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Fri 08 Jun 2001 12:37:43 PM GMT
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:48:00PM +0100, Christophe Meudec wrote:
> Problem with Wish8.3 (from Tcl)?
>
> The GUI produces the following error message:
> "WISH83 caused an invalid page fault in
> module ECLIPSE.DLL at 015f:0182efaf."
>
> I am using Eclipse 5.1.3 (same problem occurred under 5.1.0) and
> TCL/Tk 8.3.1.
>
> The error does not occur all the time: it depends on the program
> executed.
> The error never occurs with the tracer window on and using leap.
>
> Apologies for not being able to give more details.
> It has been annoying me since updating to 5.1.0 I think.
>
> Am I the only one?

I'm sorry I can't really help you with this one (the two ECLiPSe team
members best able to deal with this are on holidays at the moment).

Which version of Windows are you using?  And is there anybody else
experiencing the same problem?  Please let us know --- it's hard to fix it
unless we get enough information to be able to reproduce the problem here.

> And while I am at it.
> I am having a problem with macros.
[...]
> %my example for reals
> trans_read_real(Real, 5).
>
> :- local macro(type(real), trans_read_real/2, []).
>
> does not work? The macro seems to be totally ignored in this case.

This problem has been fixed in 5.2, due to be released soon.  If you can't
wait for the release, you can try downloading a pre-release version from the
web site (the "Dev" subdirectory).  But be warned there are some changes
which will affect what you're trying to do (in particular, you will need to
use `type(float)' rather than `type(real)') --- these will be detailed in
the release notes when 5.2 is released, but are not available yet.

Cheers,
Warwick