Using Eclipse for role allocation

From: Anthony Karageorgos <mcaihak2_at_co.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Thu 19 Apr 2001 02:47:47 PM GMT
I am working on a software engineering tool which includes a library of role
models (similar to UML classes). The idea is that the designer should be
able to specify some constraints on the role models (in a similar manner
that someone should be able to specify object constraints in OCL on the UML
class diagrams). Subsequently, roles should be allocated to the appropriate
agents
(software components) while observing the relevant constraints.

I have obtained Eclipse recently and I am not aware as to how problems like
this could be modeled.

What I would like to do is to be able to specify roles and role attributes
and then allocate roles to agents while observing some constraints on roles
and role attributes.

For example I would like to have something like:

/*    Name : Role constraint problem
      Author: Anthony Karageorgos

      I assume that I have three roles (representations of behaviour) that
must be alloccated to
      a number of agents (software components). Each role has some
attributes. When some roles are
      allocated to an agent, the agent attributes are a function of the
respective attributes of
      the allocated roles (e.g. a sum of them)

      I would like to allocate roles to agents while observing some
constraints on roles and
      agent attributes.
*/

ROLES

Role R1  /* a declaration of a role. You can imagine roles as classes in
java */
{
  x: Integer = 5 ;
  y: Boolean = false;
  Z: real =0;
}

Role R2  /* a declaration of a role. You can imagine roles as classes in
java */
{
  x: Integer = 7;
  y: boolean = true;
  z: Real = 6;
}

Role R3  /* a declaration of a role. You can imagine roles as classes in
java */
{
  x: Integer = 7;
  y: boolean = true;
  z: Real = 6;
}

AGENTS

Agent A1
Agent A2
Agent A3

CONSTRAINTS

1. R1 and R2 are should not be allocated to the same agent.
2. For each agent A, A.z must be less than 10.

The question is: How could I specify and solve such a problem by using
ECLiPSe?

Thanks a lot.

Anthony

Anthony Karageorgos