Re: Calling Eclipse function from C++

From: Sathish Kumar Murugesan <satish_79_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed 21 Mar 2001 08:22:59 PM GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

I have one more doubt too (I have just started using
Eclipse, and so I am not clear with few things).

I need to construct a database which has 4 fields.
Say, if I need to have a template book with 4 fields -
author, year, title and publisher. How do I assert
facts into the knowledge database?

I tried declaring a EC_functor book("book", 4), as
given in the documentation. But when I tried to assert
a fact with the values for each of the arity -

post_goal(term(EC_functor("book", 4), xyz, xyz,
'1999', xyz));

then it results in a run time error saying that I am
trying to call an undefined procedure book("xyz",
"xyz", '1999', "xyz") in module eclipse.

How do I work around this and construct my database
using my defined structure? And how do I perform query
on it? Do I need to use 'assert' and 'retract' for
constructing and deleting values from the database
that I am trying to work with Eclipse? And if so, how
do I proceed with it?

I am in a dire need of help in this area. I would
greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sathish.