[ Character I/O | Reference Manual | Alphabetic Index ]
Succeeds if the code of the next character read in raw mode from the
current input is successfully unified with Code.
- Variable or integer.
Takes the next character from the current input and unifies its integer
character code (in the range 0 to 255) with Code. The input is in raw mode
so that no newline character must be typed.
Character codes for the non-printable characters (i.e. control characters)
are also acceptable.
Modes and Determinism
- (5) type error
- Code is instantiated, but not to an integer.
- (190) end of file reached
- End of file was encountered before reading any character.
- (198) reading past the file end
- Trying to read even after the error 190 was raised.
Equivalent to tyi(input, Code). (see tyi/2 for details).
tyi / 2, tyo / 1, tyo / 2