[ Dynamic Predicates | Reference Manual | Alphabetic Index ]
Outputs the definition of all dynamic predicates indicated by SpecList.
- Sequence of expressions of the form Atom/Integer or just Atom.
Outputs the definition of all dynamic predicates defined by SpecList to
the standard output. An expression in SpecList may be a single
predicate in the form name/arity in which case only the clauses for
name/arity are printed. Alternatively the format name is accepted in
which case all the predicates of any arity associated with name are
The individual clauses are output in indented format using
No static predicates are output.
Modes and Determinism
This predicate is sensitive to its module context (tool predicate, see @/2).
- (4) instantiation fault
- An expression in SpecList is not instantiated.
- (5) type error
- An expression in SpecList is not of the form Atom/Integer or Atom.
- (63) procedure not dynamic
- An expression in SpecList is not a dynamic procedure.
[eclipse]: [user], assert(woman(eve)).
:- dynamic p/0.
user compiled 0 bytes in 0.00 seconds
[eclipse]: listing p/0, woman/1.
listing X. (Error 4).
listing a/a. (Error 5).
listing z/3. (Error 63).
assert / 1, clause / 1, clause / 2, listing / 0, writeclause / 1