[ Dynamic Predicates | Reference Manual | Alphabetic Index ]
Declares the procedures specified by SpecList as dynamic.
- Sequence of expressions of the form Atom/Integer.
Declare the procedures specified by SpecList as dynamic procedures.
This has to be done before the procedure is defined.
To change a static procedure to a dynamic one it must first be
If the procedure was already dynamic Error 64 is raised. The default
error handler erases all existing clauses and succeeds. This is useful
for recompiling files with dynamic declarations, but it can be redefined
Modes and Determinism
This predicate is sensitive to its module context (tool predicate, see @/2).
- (4) instantiation fault
- SpecList is not instantiated.
- (5) type error
- SpecList is instantiated, but not to a sequence of expressions of the form Atom/Integer.
- (64) procedure already dynamic
- SpecList is already dynamic.
- (65) procedure already defined
- SpecList is already defined.
[eclipse]: dynamic a/1.
in eclipse: dynamic prolog local debugged stopped traceable
no (more) solution.
dynamic X. (Error 4).
dynamic a. (Error 5).
dynamic a/1, a/1. (Error 64). % succeeds
dynamic p/0. (Error 65).
is_dynamic / 1