Re: Reading a file and converting the input to integers...

From: Kish Shen <ks15_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Tue 19 Oct 2004 12:50:57 PM GMT
Hi Mark,

We got two copies of your message, from different addresses: m.hennessy@iol.ie
and m.hennessy@4c.ucc.ie. I think they are the same message, or did I miss
something?

>/Domains/ is defined as a list of number strings read in from a file:
>["1","2","3","4","5","6","7"...]

>I thought this would allow me to build up a new list, /NewDomainList/ of
>integers that I could then use to define the domains of my variables.

The for loop can be written as:

(foreach(StringD, Domains), foreach(D, NewDomainList) do
         number_string(D, StringD)
)

However, why do you have Domains as a list of strings in the first place? If
you are reading the data from a file as you said, you should be able to read
them in directly as numbers using ECLiPSe's I/O facilities, so that you don't
need to do the conversion at all.