Reading a file and converting the input to integers...

From: Mark A. Hennessy <m.hennessy_at_iol.ie>
Date: Tue 19 Oct 2004 11:56:20 AM GMT
Hi there,

     I am reading input from a file which consists of an N x N set of
numbers.  I want to convert these number strings into integers which I
use to represent the domains of variables I want to define for my
problem. While I can easily convert a number string to an integer using
number_string/2 I'm finding a problem with trying to convert the list of
number strings I've created from the input file into a list of integers.
I have tried to use a double foreach as follows

/Domains/ is defined as a list of number strings read in from a file:
["1","2","3","4","5","6","7"...]

(foreach(Domain,Domains),
  foreach(D,NewDomainList) do
     number_string(NewDomain,D)
)

I thought this would allow me to build up a new list, /NewDomainList/ of
integers that I could then use to define the domains of my variables. It
does not work so I'm hoping someone who knows Eclipse better than I can
help. I would prefer to continue to read the in file in the above format
since this is the format the problem generator I'm using outputs.

Thanks in advance,
Mark.