Anybody using alpha_linux?

From: <wh_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Tue 28 Sep 2004 03:25:36 PM GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to track down a bug on our Alpha Linux system - example
manifestation, computing 2.2250738585072004e-308 + (-48.0) yields -44.0,
which seems more than just a little bit off to me...  ;)  I don't even know
at this stage whether it's a hardware or software problem (I suspect the
latter, and that this operation falls into the large "not implemented"
category in the Alpha's IEEE floating point support).

Anyway, if anybody out there has an Alpha system and would be willing to run
some tests for me to help identify/isolate the problem, it would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Warwick