RE: java multi-connections!

From: josh singer <josh.singer_at_parc-technologies.com>
Date: Wed 05 Jun 2002 08:31:54 AM GMT
I have never tried this, but I think it is quite likely that Java Applets
cannot use either EmbeddedEclipse or OutOfProcessEclipse. This is because
they do not have the security permissions to load shared libraries (required
for EmbeddedEclipse) or to execute arbitrary OS commands (required for
OutOfProcessEclipse). They may be able to use RemoteEclipse if the ECLiPSe
server is running on the web server where the applet originated, but I have
never tried this. If this is possible, to get Java applets to each have an
independent ECLiPSe you would have to set up some kind of ECLiPSe server
process on the web server to start and stop separate ECLiPSes when the
applets request them.

Therefore, you should either implement the above or switch to using full
Java applications rather than applets -- applications can use
EmbeddedEclipse and OutOfProcessEclipse.

josh

Developer, Parc Technologies Limited
josh.singer@parc-technologies.com
http://www.parc-technologies.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
-its contents are the property of Parc Technologies Limited (or its
licensors) and are confidential. Please do not copy, review, use
(except for the intended purposes), disclose or distribute the e-mail
or its contents (or allow anyone else to do so) without our prior
permission. Parc Technologies Limited does not guarantee that this
e-mail has not been intercepted and amended nor that it is
virus-free. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening
any attachment.  Any opinions expressed in this e-mail message are
those of the author and not necessarily Parc Technologies Limited.