Use of Eclipse for Configurators?

From: Mike Yukish <may106_at_psu.edu>
Date: Wed 03 Oct 2001 07:22:04 PM GMT
Hello,

I am interested in building configurators using the constraint logic
programming paradigm. I've been experimenting with Eclipse, and I am
starting to gain a (very weak) handle on its capabilities. I have a
question about working with a finite, countable set of numbers, but the
numbers are Real, not Integer.

For example, I  could have three parts in a library, with lengths [1.2,
3.5, 6.7]. I would like to be able to do all of the things that the lib(fd)
lets me do with collections of integers. I do not want to represent the
domain as an interval.

Any basic directions I should look towards? Anyone used Eclipse for
creating a configurator? I'd hate to be reinventing the wheel.

Mike Yukish
Head, Manufacturing Product & Process Design Department
Applied Research Lab/Penn State University
may106@psu.edu
(814) 863-7143