Re: [eclipse-clp-users] switching debugger on with trace

From: Joachim Schimpf <jschimpf_at_...311...>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 23:39:42 +0000
Hi Christophe,

After reading Kish's answer, and re-reading your question, I think you are in
fact looking for the *breakpoint* facility. This allows you to stop the debugger
at a particular line in the code. The documentation may be a bit brief on that.

The easiest way to set a breakpoint is with TkEclipse's tracer:

  * open the tracer
  * start executing your toplevel goal
  * the tracer will immediately stop at the first CALL
  * in the "Source Context" tab, navigate to the source location where you want
    to stop
  * to the left of the code you see a gutter with grey # symbols -- these are
    the locations where you can set a breakpoint
  * click on the # symbol to enable/disable a breakpoint (enabled ones are red)
  * click Leap to continue execution
  * the tracer will stop at the breakpoint

Tracer with breakpoint

Breakpoints can also be set via the command like, e.g.

?- spy "buggy.ecl":5.
breakpoint added to line 5 of file /homes/jschimpf/Playground/buggy.ecl in
predicate eclipse : p / 0
Yes (0.00s cpu)

Hope that's what you needed,
-- Joachim