[eclipse-clp-users] Issue with Dbi

From: Edgaonkar, Shrirang <Shrirang.Edgaonkar_at_...390...>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 06:31:15 +0000
Dear Clp users,

  We have a situation here which looks at the capabilities of database library Dbi. While normal queries run, we are trying the following. I have highlighted the main code so that boiler plate code can be identified below.

1. Test Data is as follows:-

tableName = new_table

name    pass
Taro    aaa
Jiro    bbb

2. Test Code is as follows:-

This is a case where the result of the query is known and we expect the where clause constraint to be evaluated based on the result.

% Connect to DB  user/password
session_start("root", "admin", [], Session),

% SQL
SQLTemp = "select pass from test.new_table where name=",
concat_string([SQLTemp, Key], SQL),

% Template
Template = tbl(""),

% Execute SQL
session_sql_query(Session, Template, SQL, Cursor),

% Get Results
cursor_all_tuples(Cursor, Result),
Result = [tbl("aaa")],

% Close Cursor
cursor_close(Cursor),

% Close DB Connection
session_close(Session).

3. Output is as follows:-

Actual: Abort

Expected: Value of Key is evaluated as "Taro"

Your help will be valuable.

Thanks and Regards,

Shrirang Edgaonkar

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence
for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged,
confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient,
please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete
and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying
or forwarding.