Re: [eclipse-clp-users] 'Problem is infeasible!' in eplex goes to stdout

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 23:15:24 +0100
Hi Sergii,

On 16/08/2014 00:54, Sergii Dymchenko wrote:> Hi,

 > I've downloaded ECLiPSe version 6.1 #191 and now my programs that
uses eplex
 > often output 'Problem is infeasible!' to stdout.

You did not say which solver you are using with eplex, but I assume you
are using CLP/CBC. Is this correct?

> Could you make  'Problem is infeasible!' message go to warning stream so it
> can be silenced with `:- set_stream(warning_output, null).`?

No, ECLiPSe does not control where the solver send its messages, but the
solver should not be sending anything directly to stdout, as its
messages should be sent to the correct channel depending on the message
type (error, warning, result, log). Could you please provide a simple
example that produce this message (and could you also confirm the solver
you are using), so that I can report the issue to the correct people
(the developers of CLP/CBC, if this is the solver you are using).

By the way, it is a bad idea to suppress all warning_output output, as
this is an ECLiPSe stream, and all ECLiPSe warnings are sent there, and
ignoring warnings sent by ECLiPSe is generally a bad idea. If you want
to suppress warnings from the solver, you should redirect the eplex
warning_channel instead --

:- lp_set(warning_channel, -warning_output).

(see the documentation for lp_set/2 for more detail).