Re: [eclipse-clp-users] How to expand domain of a variable

From: Sergey Dymchenko <kit1980_at_...6...>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 01:01:12 +0200
Hello!

I've just managed to solve my problem about finding if a given number
belongs to any of given intervals (not sure about query effectiveness
yet, but at the very list it merges overlapping intervals).

To get rid of expand the domain I track not what belongs to intervals,
but instead of what not belongs to intervals, and then revert the
result.
My program with example query:

:- lib(ic).

model(Intervals, Domain) :-
    MIN is 1, MAX is 100,
    InvN :: MIN..MAX,
    ( foreach([L, R], Intervals), param(InvN) do ::(InvN, L..R, 0) ),
    N :: MIN..MAX,
    get_domain(InvN, InvDomain),
    ::(N, InvDomain, 0),
    get_domain(N, Domain).

query(Domain, N, Result) :-
    (
        ::(N, Domain, 1),
        Result = "Yes", !
    ) ; (
            Result = "No"
        ).

[eclipse 1]: model([[10, 20], [15, 30], [40, 50]], Domain),
query(Domain, 1, A1), query(Domain, 10, A2), query(Domain, 35, A3).

Domain = [10 .. 30, 40 .. 50]
A1 = "No"
A2 = "Yes"
A3 = "No"