Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Remote Connection Prolog

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 00:38:15 +0100
Hi Mario,

On 15/09/2010 13:42, Mario Gianni wrote:

> remote_connect('localhost'/6000,P,G).
>
> from Java Application I have writen this code in a try/catch block
>
>   InetAddress host = InetAddress.getByName("localhost");
>   RemoteEclipse eclipse = new RemoteEclipse(host,6000);
>   eclipse.rpc("env"); % for example
>   eclipse.disconnect();
>
> the connection is established but after command execution rpc I receive by
> eclipse this message
>
> uncaught exception in exit_block(peer_abort_disconnected)
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) how to manage this exception
> 2) how to not disconnect from eclipe

Your question 2 is easy to answer -- you can avoid disconnecting from
ECLiPSe by not disconnecting -- you are explicitly disconnecting by
calling eclipse.disconnect(). By not making this call, you will not be
disconnected. Since you are calling this, is there any reason you are
doing so?

The remote interface is used for both OutOfProcessEclipse and
EmbeddedEclipse, except that the starting and connection to an ECLiPSe
process is done for you in OutOfProcessEclipse. The way we expected the
interface to be used is that you connect your Java application to
ECLiPSe when you start, and do not disconnect until you no longer need
ECLiPSe, or when you quit from your application.

As for question 1, you can avoid the exception by not disconnecting.
However, what you are seeing seems to be a bug, because the
peer_abort_disconnected exception should only be raised when ECLiPSe is
unexpectedly disconnected from the Java application (e.g. if the
application crashed). In your case, the disconnection is expected, so no
exception should be raised. I need to look at this in more detail to see
how it can be fixed.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.