Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Error with Eclipse

From: Joachim Schimpf <joachim.schimpf_at_...44...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:36:11 +1100
Matthew Skala wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Meriem Djefel wrote:
>> When I try to execute a programme to have all solutions of my problem , I have
>> the eclipse message :
>> *Out of swap in heap allocation*.
>>
>> Is that means that my problem is too huge to have an answer ?
>
> Maybe, but it's quite likely that your code could be rewritten in such a
> way as to use less memory.  For instance, it might be creating a lot of
> unnecessary choice points that could be eliminated with strategically
> placed cuts.  Without more detail on what your code is doing it's hard to
> give more specific suggestions.

Although Matthew is right in principle, your the error message points
to the memory area called the "heap".  There is some information
in the manual to explain the different areas:
http://eclipse-clp.org/doc/userman/umsroot122.html#toc145

The heap is used for "nonlogical" storage, e.g. compiled
or asserted code, collection of results in findall/3 etc.
Are you maybe repeatedly compiling large generated chunks of code?

-- Joachim