Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Eclipse connectig with Gecode

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:44:39 +0000
Claudio Cesar de Sá wrote:
> Hi:In *Ongoing and Future Work - Roadmap 2009 for Eclipse (*see
> http://87.230.22.228/reports/roadmap.html)a note on:
> Gecode Interface An integration of the Gecode external constraint solver
> library (www.gecode.org).
>
> Anyone is working on this? Is there any experiment how to use it?

Hi Claudio,

I am working on this. There is a prototype Gecode interface that is
checked in to the development (6.1) branch of ECLiPSe. It is in source
code only, and you need to build it manually. There is also no
documentation yet, although it is  designed to be source compatible with
  lib(ic).

I have so far only built it on 32 bit Linux, and I have tested it with
various example programs from the Examples section of eclipse-clp.org.

If you really want to try it out, you can download the source for the
development version of ECLiPSe from the two non-sourceforge sites at:

http://eclipse-clp.org/download.html

I can give you some help with compiling the source (send me email
directly), but you should do this if you are really interested in
testing this now.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.