Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Error using ic-symbolic and ic

From: Joachim Schimpf <joachim.schimpf_at_...44...>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 13:14:13 +1100
Meriem Djefel wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> When I try to execute the program below, I have this error "out of range
> in infers out of range in infers(VitessMaxi $= .....)". I do not
> understand Why. Can you help me to correct my program.

I'm getting a different error with your code:
type error in domain_index([un_Mot_ECO], eclipse : moteur, _2119{1 .. 6}) in module eclipse

which is caused by

>         (VitesseMaxi $= 300 , NombreMoteurs &= [un_Mot_ECO]);

It should be simply  NombreMoteurs &= un_Mot_ECO, the symbolic
variables take atomic values.

If you get an error message that does not indicate by which goal
in your code it was caused, do the following (in TkEclipse):

- open the Tracer from the Tools menu
- click "Run" to run your query
- in the tracer window, select "leave" frome the "To Port" menu,
   then click the "To Port" button. This takes you to the LEAVE
   port linked to the error.
- Click Options->"Refresh goal stack now"
- The "Call Stack" window now tells you all the ancestors of
   the error goal.  Look at the lowest one you recognize from your
   program, in this case it's

The reason the arguments are invisible, is that at this point in the
execution they are no longer available to inspect.  If you need to
see them, remember the invocation number (706) and click "abort".
Then re-run the same query as before, enter 706 into the tracer's
"To Invoc" field and click the button. This takes you to the trace line

   (706) 9 CALL  _3897{[un_Mot_ECO, un_Mot_BP, ...]} &= [un_Mot_ECO]

which should make the error clear.

-- Joachim