Re: [eclipse-clp-users] How to dynamically create a list of Eclipse structure elements from Java (Eclipse-Java embedding problem)??

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:53:06 +0000
Tobiasz Kowalczyk wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a problem, I have an CSV file which I can read from,with a few
> columns containing numbers. I parse them in Java and would like to
> create a list of elements of a certain structure and fill the fields
> with data that I have read from the CSV file. Any hints?? (example: it
> could be a list of shifts in a hospital for a week or a month (that is
> why it has to be dynamic) where structure would contain the number of
> a particular shift, number of doctors,number of nurses,etc. (different
> for different shifts))
>
> I would appreciate any help
>
> Tobias

Hi Tobias,

If your structures are relatively simple (most importantly, there are no
shared variables -- the same variable occurring in different places in
the structure), you can build the structures in ECLiPSe's Java
interface, see the Embedding and Interfacing manual's chapter on the
Java-ECLiPSe interface, section "Java representation of ECLiPSe data":

http://www.eclipse-clp.org/doc/embedding/embroot044.html

However, it is usually much easier to construct ECLiPSe structures from
within ECLiPSe. In your case, if you already have Java code to parse the
   files, then it may be better to send the parsed data to ECLiPSe and
construct the list of structures there [I assume you want to use the
data in an ECLiPSe program in any case].

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.