Re: [eclipse-clp-users] How to extend lib(ic) to get stronger propagation?

From: Helmut Simonis <H.Simonis_at_...70...>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:46:49 -0000
Ulrich,

there are two possibilities there:

a) you can use something like CHR to detect combinations of constraints from
which you can detect new constraints. This is expressed as rules that you
can write yourself, very easy to do in ECLiPSe.

b) You can treat a set of inequalities as a global constraint, set up a
graph and then detect properties (e.g. cycles) in that graph. This can be
more powerful, but you will have to write the constraint yourself. There
have been some publications on this, I don't have a reference handy. Perhaps
somebody else can help?

Helmut