[eclipse-clp-users] Managing lists of real variable

From: simone pascucci <cxjepa_at_...6...>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:59:39 +0200
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand how constraint programming works, but I have to say
that it's quite a difficult subject.
I have a reasonable easy problem to solve, given a list of real variable
{x_1,...,x_n}, a real constant that I'll call "amount" and a set of
constraint on the values that the variables can take, I have to solve

amount = sum_{i} x_i

In all the example I could get from the tutorials, it seems to me that
somehow all the programs are always bounded to a fixed, already known,
number of variables. If someone could give a small code example about
solving this simple problem that would help a lot.

Thank you,

simone