Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Inconsistency between ECL/Java interfaces?

From: Gregory Harman <greg_at_...171...>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:08:45 -0400
Hi Kish,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using ECLiPSe v6.0 #75. Full disclosure: I'm
a rookie at ECLiPSe, Prolog, and CHR; I've inherited the ECLiPSe
codebase, and am learning as I go. (The reason for using an old version
- if in fact I am - is that there is a pre-existing codebase and I don't
know any better.)

The prolog file I use as an entry point has a lib(ech) declaration. I'm
not sure how to determine whether the .chr source file itself is written
in the new or old version. Is there a different compile function for
ech?

Regarding the differences between OutOfProcessEclipse and
EmbeddedEclipse: I'm sure they are using the same eclipse, same
configuration, everything. The only difference is which one I use to
instantiate my Java instance - everything else is the same from there.
However, your explanation of stream handling does seem to explain the
behavior I was seeing if the warning stream is not explicitly mapped in
EE.

Agreed about creating a custom output stream; I'll do that.

thanks,
Greg