Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Finding the ECLiPSE startup directory

From: Paulo Moura <pmoura_at_...16...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:03:13 +0000
On 2009/03/16, at 18:18, Kish Shen wrote:

> Paulo Moura wrote:
>> I would like to also have a similar solution for Windows. Note
>> that  you can easily create a shortcut for the Windows Start Menu
>> menu item  that runs ECLiPSe and configure this shortcut to assume
>> as the current  directory the directory containing the shortcut.
>
> Hi Paulo,
>
> As far as I understand it (admittedly I try to avoid development on
> Windows if I can),

Same here ;-)

> a shortcut is just a `shell' command to run the program, in this
> case probably eclipse.exe, which is where you can specify the -e
> option as I suggested. Assuming you are also running LogTalk

Please, Logtalk, not LogTalk :-)

> using a shell script on POSIX systems, you can also use -e option
> when you invoke ECLiPSe from your script. You can then either read
> the files you want then, or if you can't do that yet, then you will
> need to remember the directory and use it when you can.

Please see my previous reply to the mailing list. I cannot use the -e
option as I need to know the startup directory for the initialization
goals in the file that I'm loading using the -b option and the -e
option goal is executed after the -b option.

Note that what I'm trying to accomplish is similar to ECLiPSe
initialization at startup behavior. From the docs:

"For eclipse, before displaying the initial prompt, the system checks
whether there is a file called .eclipserc in the current directory and
if not, in the user's home directory. If such a file is found, ECLiPSe
compiles it first."

Cheers,

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 4.3  Ext. 3257
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura_at_...16...>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research:  <http://logtalk.org/>