Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Propagators with a state

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:28:20 +0000
Hi Wit,

Why do you need to kill the old suspension? Is it because the
state you calculate is stored in the suspension, and it has
changed? If so, you can use setarg/3 to change the state and
use demon suspension. This will only work if your state does
not need to survive backtracking.

Wit Jakuczun wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a propagator that uses state. It means
> that during propagation phase a new state is
> calculated that is used for the next event.
>    What is the most effective way of resuspending
> such propagators?
>    Now I just suspend a propagator with a
> new state. In manual it is stated that using
> demons is more efficient but in my situation
> usign demons doesn't make any difference as
> I must kill suspension and create a new one.
>
> Best regards

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.